CONSULATE GENERAL OF SRI LANKA
- Only original documents issued by the Government of Sri Lanka and authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo, Sri Lanka will be translated by this Consulate Office.
- The Embassy will charge a fee of US $ 30.00 for translation of a document, first 100 words. For every 25 words thereafter $ 5.00.
- If the return of the document is desired by Mail, applicants in the USA may choose one of the following options:
Federal Express – $ 20.00
US Postal Express mail – $ 18.00
International mailing fee – $ 35.00
- Fees should be paid in Cash only if documents handed over at the counter at the Consulate Office. The Money Orders or Certified Cheques made in favour of “Consulate General of Sri Lanka”.
- Please note that personal cheques will not be accepted.
i. This Consulate Office is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
ii. Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.